Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Sunshine and Turkey

Our family spent Thanksgiving in Arizona with Jason's parents and 6 of his siblings. There were 33 people sleeping in one house, and our time was filled with yummy food, great company, and beautiful weather (Only in Arizona would we go swimming after Thanksgiving dinner!) The kids and I cheered for Jason in the Turkey Bowl Thursday morning ... until it started to rain. Then we were out of there. (I guess we aren't the most loyal fans.) Joshua was in heaven playing with his 15 cousins. I don't think we even saw him for most of the trip. They made sand castles, jumped on the trampoline, played "jedi school" with their light sabers, and built some impressive lego ships. Jason had fun teasing his sisters and making them laugh while they cooked Thanksgiving dinner. The kids made candy turkeys to put at each plate for Thanksgiving dinner. Joshua couldn't get enough of it. His plate eventually held 7 turkey masterpieces. Jason showed off his culinary skills by creating some of his favorite Qdoba recipes for the family one night. Saturday, the girls threw a little baby shower at PF Changs for Linsey. The restaurant was probably glad when we left, as we couldn't help exclaiming "awww, how cute!!" every time she opened a gift. It was a blast! Jason's phone conveniently lost power for most of the trip so he was able to forget work and just have fun with us. It was a great trip!

6 comments:

Jesica and Chris Fowler said...

Finally! I've been waiting for you to blog! It looks like you guys had soooo much fun! I hope you had time to relax! It was so fun being home but so sad to not have you guys there... we missed you! We missed Ryan too! Call me when you get to a phone!

Love you!

Darcee said...

How lucky to be in AZ for Thanksgiving! That sounds so nice right now!

Us said...

How fun it must've been to have that much family under one roof. I love the little turkeys Joshua made. They are adorable.

Us said...

oh...us is Kaarsten

Jordan and Katie said...

what a blast, can't wait for next summer and more craziness. be sure to stock up on the vitamins so we don't get sick next time; thanks Jas. You got some good pics, I like the one of the girls at PF changs, maybe I'll steal it:) It was so great to hang out with you guys.

Alicia said...

I wish we could have made it! I thought we'd be closer to things by living only half way around the country instead of all the way around it...I guess not. I'm glad you guys had fun.