Sunday, September 20, 2009

Change ...

I've never been very fond of it. In an unexpected turn of events, Jason has changed companies. We packed up all our belongings, moved from a ward we loved, and are now living with my parents for a time (Thanks Mom and Dad!) until we know where Jason's new company will place him. All of us in one bedroom ... yah. While the job change is a good one, and I know we will be better off for having made the change, my overemotional pregnant self has cried a few nights over the stress of packing, saying goodbye, and not knowing what the future holds. However, I'm learning to see this experience as my kids do ... an adventure. In Joshua's words: "We get to live at Grandpa and Grandma's house?! Awesome!!"

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Shanna,
It's been a while since I've talked to you, but I really enjoy reading your blog. Your family seems to have many exciting and fun adventures together. I just wanted to wish you a little luck and remind you that Heavenly Father gives us change even though it may not be easy for us at that time but to help us keep the eternal perspective in mind. He knows your family and wants you where he needs you. Hold an an take each day one at a time. Be grateful for what you have- a beautiful family and willing parents who are lending a hand to you in your time of need. Always keep smiling! You'll be fine.

DKSBrayton said...

Good luck! Moves can be hard anyways, but the unknown makes it so much worse. How do people make those decisions without prayer!?