Friday, March 26, 2010

Life with Ethan

Ethan is 1 week old today. Oh how we love this sweet little boy! I worried that with two wild kids, I wouldn't have the time or energy to keep up with everything ... and I don't. Things aren't as organized as I'd like, and the couch is overflowing with laundry to be folded, but none of it matters. All I want to do is hold my baby and enjoy every minute of him. Joshua and Livi think "Baby E-fin" is the greatest thing ever. They love to give him kisses, watch him sleep, and force the binkie into his mouth. We're lucky Ethan has such a sweet temperament! Ethan was born during a snow blizzard, and it has been nice to stay cooped up in the warm house all week. The kids have played in the snow every day, and have entertained themselves making snow angels and burying their toys in the snow with shovels (which should be interesting come spring). Ethan and I have enjoyed watching them through the window and cuddling on the couch. We feel so blessed to have Ethan in our family. He helps us remember what is most important, and we can't get enough of him!

6 comments:

Darcee said...

OK, Shanna, how do your kids look so cute when you have a 1 week old? You are amazing! I'm not sure C and K had a tub the first week after Ally was born. Ethan is soooooo cute!

Alicia said...

That's how the first week of a baby's life should be. Wrapped in cuddles and hugs. :) I hope your recovery is going well.

Tara Hibbard said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tara Hibbard said...

Ok so pretty much Ethan is the cutest! I can't wait to hold him in just over a week! And I love Livi's new snow suit! So cute! Miss you! Don't worry help is on the way lol

Us said...

Congratulations Shanna!! He's adorable. Who knew my "grandnephew" and my own son would be born a day apart? That is a little crazy, but I'm so glad they are both here. Enjoy those snuggles.

Kaarsten

Sydney said...

He's gorgeous! Just like Olivia and Joshua! Congrats Shanna!