Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Lucky Day

Six weeks ago, I lost my wedding ring ... This is what happens when your pregnant fingers become swollen and you have a 2 year-old who loves shiny things. As a last act of desperation, I told my children whoever found my ring would receive a trip to Toys R' Us (which my children equate with Disneyland) and any toy of their choice. The race was on! Poor Joshua searched for days ... he said he NEEDED some new Star Wars legos ... but the ring was never found. Yesterday, he found it!! It was in the couch cushions, which I swear have been checked a billion times. We both nearly cried with joy. The promised trip was everything Joshua hoped it would be, and he got his new lego set. I'm so relieved to have my ring back, and I look forward to the day when it will fit again (Oh please let that day come soon)!

4 comments:

Tara Hibbard said...

haha so funny! Cute little Joshua! He's such a good kid!

Unknown said...

You are SUCH a great mom! What a way to give a reward, one he'll never forget, I'm sure...and neither will you!

Chris'sBlog said...

I would have looked for the ring too if you offered that to me!!!! I'm happy for you! :)

Alicia said...

Bribery is such a good idea. :) Congrats on Ethan!