Friday, September 24, 2010

Tact

Today I ran errands with my kids. I came to a realization... my children have NO tact. They say whatever they are thinking, and they say it loud enough for the entire store to hear. Pointing is also always involved. Here are just a few examples (Oh how I wish this was a comprehensive list):

Joshua: Mom, is that man real? Or is he a statue?

Olivia: That little grandma looks silly!

Joshua: I don't like that, but I guess I'll say thank you anyway.

Olivia: That mommy has a big tummy. (Please, please, please let her have been pregnant!)

Joshua: That man looks like he's a lady.

Olivia: Those people said I'm cute. I'm not cute. I'm a princess!

Ethan can't talk yet, but I'm sure he was taking notes. I had quite a headache when I left the store after giving them so many "mom looks," as we call them in our family. I guess I know what Family Night will be about tonight. =)

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I know exactly how you feel!!! haha!

Jordan and Katie said...

That's pretty typical, we have so many instances like that. I'll be sure to call livi a princess, not "cute"!

Jesica and Chris Fowler said...

HIlarious! I can definitely wait before that stage hits! :)

Tara Hibbard said...

Oh my goodness! So so funny! Haha oh Shan how I miss your sweet kids :) Livi is such a princess... maybe it's getting to her a head a little bit too much lol. Love you!

Alicia said...

Ben's made a comment when he was quite young when we visited a Target: "Mom, she has a really full bottom!" Yikes...I hope that lady didn't hear him! Maybe you'll never see those people again, right? :)

Erin said...

Your family is so cute Shanna! I changed my blog address to richingreader.blogspot.com and have made it private, so email me at erin.go.braugh4@gmail.com to get access to it if you want.