Tuesday, March 22, 2011

He's One!

Ethan turned one on Saturday... one already... sigh.  Joshua and Livi declared that Ethan is now officially a "kid" like them.  (This of course made me cry.  Why are my kids growing up so fast?)  We had a big Birthday party with family, and Ethan was in heaven.  The chocolate cake, the balloons, the gift wrap... he couldn't get enough.
When I was pregnant with Ethan, I prayed that he would be a source of joy in our family, and to all those around him.  He is just that.  We often say, "Nobody can be sad around Ethan!"  We love him, and had so much fun celebrating his first year of life.  Happy Birthday sweet boy!

2 comments:

Tara Hibbard said...

Oh my goodness I can't wait to squeeze that sweet little boy in a few days! Seriously we just saw you guys a couple weeks ago and Ethan already looks older. It really is so true that Ethan makes everyone happy, seriously he is ALWAYS happy and his smile is contagious. You are lucky Shan :) I love you! P.S. I love your new blog background :)

Chris'sBlog said...

Seriously!!!! HE is thee happiest boy ever and he not only brings joy to your immediate fam but all of us! I just wish I could see him grow up in person more! Cute cake! Love ya!

JEsica