Sunday, June 24, 2012

Logan

Four kids . . . is craziness.  For the first time in my life, I really feel I just CANNOT keep up with it all.  And so here I am, blogging in the middle of the night.  I can't not blog about our sweet little Logan.  Perhaps the reason I can't keep up with it all is because I just want to hold him all day long and stare at him.  I have a confession . . . I was scared when I went into labor.  Not because of what I was about to go through, but because I was about to give birth to a baby I'd been too busy to really think about.  Building a house, moving, keeping up with three crazy kids . . . I wasn't ready.  And I was scared I wouldn't love this baby right away like I did my other kids.  Then he was born.  Jason placed him in my arms, and I held him for the first time.  He was so tiny, so perfect, so sweet . . . I fell instantly in love.

The kids came to see us in the hospital, and the moment they held Logan they too fell in love.  Joshua was excited to have a little mini-me (Logan looks just like he did as a baby), Olivia wanted to sing him a lullaby, and Ethan just gave him lots of little kisses on his cheek . . .

Now we're home, and Logan has brought such a sweet spirit to our family.  I've never seen our kids be so gentle.  They love to cuddle with their little brother.
 

Welcome to our family Logan!  We're so blessed to have you, and we love you more than you know!!

3 comments:

Sydney said...

Sometimes blogging in the middle of the night is the only chance you get, I'm sure you feel that way with four little ones! I loved seeing all the pics of your kids holding Logan. So cute! I'm so happy for you guys and it looks like you are adjusting just fine! :)

Jesica and Chris Fowler said...

Oh Shan, you are doing a GREAT job! Logan is SOOO stinkin cute! I feel like that first pic let me see him even better then the pics I've seen before!!! Love you! Thanks for doing everything in life before me to show me the way!!!!

Darcee said...

He's such a cute little boy! I'm absolutely sure you're doing way better than you possibly imagine. You are only one person. Hang in there. Your kids all look happy. That's all that really matters right? It's okay if they ate cookies for breakfast or they are wearing a dirty shirt. Some things can just be let go for awhile. At least that's what I've been telling myself quite some time now. :)