Monday, April 29, 2013

He's 8!!

On March 29th, Joshua turned 8 . . . 8!!  How in the world do I have an 8 year old?  Grandpa and Grandma Dalby were in town, so we celebrated with them.  Joshua wanted a Ninjago cake more than anything . . . which no one seems to make (and I do NOT make cakes . . . sorry Jesica!)  Fortunately for Joshua, I do shop! I found a cake topper on ebay, and had the bakery put it all together for me.  I heart ebay!

We had dinner, sang Happy Birthday, ate tons of cake, and Joshua opened his gifts . . . lots of Ninjago stuff, and a gift card to Game Stop so he can pick out new games for his DS. 

We let our kids choose somewhere fun to go for their birthdays, and Joshua chose the Hogle Zoo.  He LOVES the zoo. The next morning we woke up early (Joshua insisted we leave RIGHT after breakfast) and headed to Salt Lake to see the animals.

Joshua took his role as tour guide VERY seriously.  He had his map with him the entire time, and he made sure we followed his lead.

All the kids with Grandpa and Grandma Dalby . . .

We had to go back for a picture of the tiger . . . Joshua's favorite animal.
 
Joshua said it was his best birthday ever!  Of course he says that every year. =)  We love Joshua so much.  If I could describe him . . . he's just a really good boy.  I couldn't ask for a better son.  Happy Birthday to our 8-year-old!!!

1 comment:

Sydney said...

Darcee and I were talking about how we CAN'T BELIEVE Joshua is 8! It sounds so old! Weren't you guys doing the noodle dance at Lake Powell like two years ago? Haha. Your kids are beautiful Shanna. Happy Birthday Joshua and Ethan!