Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Race Day!

The kids' school held a 5K race as a fundraiser last month.  Joshua and I signed up to run it together.  I had recently started running again, and Joshua said he wanted to train with me in the mornings before he went to school.  That "training" lasted exactly one day . . . and he decided he was ready for the race. =)

Before the 5K started, I told Joshua to start out slow and steady or he would run out of steam.  After about 5 minutes of "slow and steady" with me, he said, "Sorry Mom, but I want to win this thing!"  Basically, he left me in his dust.

By the end I caught up with him.  He'd run out of steam.  He told me I was right all along . . . am I ever NOT right?  =)  Fortunately he pushed through, and we finished strong.  Go us!

The snow cones at the end were definitely an added bonus!

It was so fun to do something just the two of us.  We decided we need to do more races together in the future.  I love my little running buddy!

3 comments:

Tara Hibbard said...

I didn't know you did that! How fun! You look so cute in your running gear! What a cute mother/ son activity!

Sydney said...

This is adorable! I love all the pictures of you guys together - its so sweet!

Darcee said...

That's awesome, Shanna!!! So cute that you ran together. We're looking forward to seeing all of you in July!