Thursday, June 5, 2014

Backyard Camping

The kids have been begging us to take them camping.  I did a lot of camping growing up with my family.  It was always a ton of fun . . . but I must admit sleeping on the ground while being attacked by mosquitos has lost some of its appeal now that I'm older!  Jason had a fabulous idea to have a campout with the kids in our backyard.  The kids could have the "camping experience", and I could stay up all night in my comfy bed reading Divergent and eating brownies  . . .  my kind of compromise!


The kids felt very important helping Jason set up the tent.  (My parents live 10 minutes away now.  Can I just say how convenient it is to live close to parents who have everything we could ever need?  Thanks Mom and Dad!) . . .



Exploring their home away from home (does the backyard constitute "away from home"?) . . .


We stuffed the tent with goodies and they watched a movie together on the iPad.  Later, Grandpa Dalby surprised them with donuts.  That's our definition of "roughing it" . . .


I thought for sure I'd have kids knocking on my bedroom door and asking to sleep inside.  But to my surprise, they made it though the entire night!  Hooray for backyard camping!!

1 comment:

Chris'sBlog said...

NICE!!!! All in favor of backyard camping every night say "I!" IIIIIIII!!! That is so fun! I remember that tent :)