Thursday, October 16, 2014

Taxi Mama


Jason and I both believe really strongly in encouraging our kids to develop their talents and pursue the things they're interested in.  If there's something they want to try, we will find a way for them to do it!  For this reason, our kids are involved in A LOT of activities . . . soccer, cheerleading, pre-school, cub scouts, knowledge bowl, talent shows, lego club, school musicals . . . and more recently Joshua has decided to join a little league track team.  Our lives are CA-RAZY, but we have so much fun cheering everybody on and watching them grow.

I have entered this new stage of motherhood that I've heard so many moms talk about before me, but never really understood until now . . . The "Taxi Mom" stage.  Seriously, I live in my car.  In fact, two days of the week I am in my car for 4 and a half hours straight driving back and forth between practices.  (There's a park I stop at to stretch my legs and use the restroom!)

We have mastered the skill of doing just about everything in the car- changing clothes, doing homework, eating dinner . . . we even do scripture study in the car sometimes.  Chewbie is such a little trooper.  He doesn't have any activities to go to yet, but he's just happy to tag along.  (Sometimes I worry he's going to look back on his childhood and think he was raised in the car!)


It all takes an insane amount of planning.  The kids have learned to set everything out the night before so we're ready.  My bedroom floor usually looks something like this . . .


My life is busy, but I wouldn't trade what I do for anything.  Look out!  Crazy Taxi Mama coming through!

1 comment:

Tara Hibbard said...

haha I LOVE this post! Super cute and funny at the same time! I think it's awesome that you and Jas are so supportive of all your kids activities. They will look back and be so grateful! Love you guys!