Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Best of State

Jason's restaurant, Blue Lemon, won Best of State this year.  It was a huge honor for such a young company, and they were presented with the "Best American Cuisine" award at a gala this past weekend.  The gala was a formal event at the Salt Palace, so we got to dress up. (I seriously felt like I was going to prom or something . . . minus the annoying wrist corsage.  SO FUN!!)  Here are a few pictures from the event . . .

In the car on the way to the Gala: 

 Enjoying dinner together:

David Archuleta presenting some of the awards:  (There were other "celebrity" presenters, but he was the only one I really cared about . . . Ha Ha!)

Jason displaying Blue Lemon's Best of State medal:

On the stage after the event: (We tried to find Archie, but I guess he had already left).
 I don't know what's up with my "pose" here . . . oh well!

It was fun to be fancy and kid-free for an evening.  I'm proud of Jason and all the hard work he has put into Blue Lemon.  Congratulations Babe!

6 comments:

chelsea said...

Shanners, you are look so tan! And of course beautiful. I love excuses to get dressed up. See you next month!

Unknown said...

How did I not know about you guys and the Blue Lemon?? We haven't actually been but I hear people raving about it ALL the time! We're going Saturday for the first time and I'm so excited! Congrats to Jason, that's awesome!

Glenn Family said...

Shanna-I am so excited for you guys. What an honor. Now I have to go try out the restaurant. You look gorgeous!

Sydney said...

Shanna-
You guys look fantastic! I love your dress! Congrats on the honor!

Chris'sBlog said...

Holy HOT MAMA!!!! LOVED everything about your look! Congrats to Jason!!! MMMmmmmmm... Blue Lemon desserts... I want some RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Love you!

Sista

Tara Hibbard said...

Oh my goodness! You look absolutely gorgeous! I love your dress, I love your shoes, I love your hair, I love your make up! How did you get so tan so quickly!? I really like Jason's suit too! My goodness! What a great night you two had! I love you!