Tuesday, August 23, 2011

First Grade!


Joshua started first grade today.  He was excited to be back in school, but a little nervous too.  In the car on the way to school, he said, "I think I'm really going to miss Ethan and Livi and you."  All this was forgotten when he arrived at his new classroom and saw his best friend from kindergarten was sitting right next to him.  When he heard first graders get THREE recesses, he decided he wasn't so nervous after all.  I gave him a hug, told him I love him, and then left the classroom to cry in my car . . . and so another school year begins.

2 comments:

Tara Hibbard said...

Oh Shan! You're such a cute mom! Love the first day of school outfit! Oh and especially love the cute little GQ pose on the bottom... very senior picturesque :) P.S. just to let you know anytime you talk about crying it always makes me teary eyed... must be a sister thing... never mind must be a Dalby thing ;) love you!

Alicia said...

Cutie patootie little first grader! I'm always glad to send my kids to school, but I miss the great brother bonding time. Sigh. Miss you!