Saturday, August 13, 2011

33!

        Jason and I had this little obsession with the TV series, "24."  It entailed putting the kids to bed early so we could get as many episodes in as possible, then dreaming of saving the world from terrorists at night, and discussing our predictions over the phone the next morning.   Fortunately for our children, we've finished all 8 seasons now.  But since then, Jason has had this desire to become some sort of secret government agent.
        Last week Jason turned 33, and I surprised him by taking him to an indoor shooting range where he could live out his Jack Bauer fantasy (in a safe, non-terrorist environment).  He got to shoot 8 or 9 different guns- He could tell you all their names, but I don't have a clue what they were.  And I even shot a few myself.  I know . . . me.  with a gun.  scary.  We had a great time together.  It seriously did feel like we were in a movie or something.


Jason had great aim.  He even got Osama bin Laden right between the eyes.  I was just trying to keep my eyes open when I shot.
After the shooting range, we went to dinner and had a little party with the kids.  We also ate a lot of cake over the next few days as we celebrated with family.
Happy Birthday Babe!  I'll love ya forever!!

2 comments:

Tara Hibbard said...

Look at you! So adventurous! Seriously jealous because that green shirt looks WAY better on you than it does on me... boo. Anyways I love you! Happy Birthday Jason! We love you!

Allison said...

LOVE the Birthday celebrations!! How fun to go shooting! Happy Birthday Jason! One year older and wiser too you two! Have an awesome year ahead!! Tyler taught me to shoot at the Jamboree, so now we can go together...fun times!