Friday, August 7, 2015

A Princess Party!!

On August 1, Olivia was baptized a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  It was a day she had looked forward to for a long time . . . made all the sweeter because her long-awaited little sister was blessed on the same day!  We called it Olivia and Brooklyn's Princess Party, and it was seriously such a special day for our family.


Waiting for the baptism to begin . . . 


Livi's program was beautiful.   She sang "I Know that My Savior Loves Me," and Joshua gave a talk and bore his testimony.  Then it was time for the actual baptism.  Livi had been SO nervous about going under the water (I'm a bad mom . . . my kids still don't know how to swim!)  She was so afraid she would get water in her nose and mouth.  She prayed for weeks that Heavenly Father would help her to be brave when it was time to be baptized.  When she came out of the water, I wrapped her in a towel and took her into the bathroom to help her get dressed.  She said, "It worked mom!  My prayer worked!  I wasn't even scared!!"  Then she told me she wanted to do it again!  This was my favorite part of the day . . . being with Olivia right after she came out of the water . . . seeing how happy she was . . . how good she felt.  It made my heart happy.  I love that girl!!


After the baptism, she was confirmed and given the gift of the Holy Ghost.  It was absolutely sweet, and she was beaming from ear to ear.


When the baptism and confirmation were complete, Jason blessed our little Brooklyn.  It was a beautiful blessing, and I just felt grateful beyond words that she is a part of our family.  What a sweetheart!


After Brooklyn's blessing, it was time for the princess party!!


Lots of good food and great company!


What an amazing day!!  We love our girls so much, and it was so sweet to celebrate these special moments with them.  Love you Olivia and Brooklyn!

No comments: