Sunday, August 30, 2015

They're Back!

School is officially back in session!  I wish I could say I was happy about it . . . it seems like just when we've gotten used to being together all day every day, fall hits . . . and it's time to say goodbye (though my house seems to stay much cleaner . . . can't say I hate that part).  This fall was a big one because the Ethanator started kindergarten.  My Eth . . . he's such a special little guy   He was SO excited to be in school like Joshua and Livi.  There wasn't even a little part of him that was nervous.  But of course I was nervous enough for the both of us.  On his first day I gave him a big hug, watched him file into his classroom with the other kindergarteners, and then got in my car and cried the entire way home because I know that kindergarten is the beginning of the end.  He's growing up . . . and I'm totally crying as I write this!  Enough with the mushy stuff.  The kids are having a great year so far, and we've already started in with spelling tests, book reports, and math homework that I have to google (Fifth grade math is much harder than I remember it being!)  Here are the kids on their first day back . . .

Ethan
Kindergarten: Mrs. Gale
Favorite things about school:  Centers and recess


Olivia
3rd Grade: Mrs. Christensen
Favorite things about school: Writing stories and making crafts


Joshua
5th Grade: Mrs. Mullinax
Favorite things about school: History and playing soccer at recess


Here's to another fabulous year at Riverview Elementary!!

No comments: