Wednesday, August 19, 2015

Roughin' It!


My family went camping a lot growing up.  Some of my best memories come from those camping trips.  As I've grown older, I have to admit camping has lost a lot of its appeal . . . or maybe all of its appeal (just being honest here).  Joshua has been begging us for years to go camping, so Jason and I finally decided to suck it up and go.  Fortunately, Jordan and Katie are camping experts and they agreed to go with us.  The boys had a blast!  They went exploring, played soccer, burned things in the fire . . . they couldn't have been happier.  Then there was Livi . . . poor Livi!  She takes after her mom.  She was just miserable the entire trip.  She hated the dirt, was terrified of the bugs, and every time we made the hike to the porta potty she would say, "Mom, now I know how the pioneers felt!"  I didn't tell her that we had it VERY good compared to the pioneers. =)  As we were packing up to leave, she pulled me down and whispered into my ear, "Mom, next time can the boys go camping and you and me just go to the spa?"  DEAL!

No comments: