Tuesday, July 1, 2008

A Day in Joshua's Shoes (The Ones That Always Seem to be on the Wrong Feet) ...

Our Joshua has a BIG imagination. Lately, he loves to pretend he is a superhero. He's always creating strange gadgets, and he carries them everywhere he goes. I ask him, "Joshua, why are you carrying that hanger and can opener (or whatever it happens to be that day) around?" He simply tells me "Mom, this is my power." You will never find Joshua without his favorite blanket-affectionately known as "Favit Bee." Favit Bee is now a member of our family. Joshua will inform me, "Favit Bee loves this show" or "Favit Bee wants to go on a walk." Favit Bee is also the regular subject of Joshua's prayers. We have tried on many occasions to buy him a new blanket, but it looks like Favit Bee is here to stay. Joshua also loves to play "guys" with Jason. They set up their little green army men on opposite ends of Joshua's bed; Then the war begins. What I hear from the other room is a lot of shooting noises, bombs, and a few phrases like "Hey Man, you got me!" Boys ... Joshua brings so much fun and laughter into our family. We love our sweet boy!

1 comment:

Jesica and Chris Fowler said...

oh man do I miss you guys! I wish more than anything that I could be around Livi and Joshua to know all of those things for myself!! I hope potty training camp is going well!!! Mom told me all about it! Good luck being house bound!

Love ya!